Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm the kind of girl that tries to get off the see-saw as it's going up and having to hold on for dear life until its down again. I'm the kind of girl who day dreams and thinks of alternate realities that seem so close but are actuality just barely beyond our reach. I'm one who doesn't dream of making a difference, I'm already in the midst of making one.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Another sleepless night.

As of late I haven't been sleeping all too well. For example, tonight I spent two and a half hours laying in bed desperately waiting for sleep to come, but to no avail. Instead of laying there doing nothing I got up and did some homework and am now writing to you lovely people.

Guess what.

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!!!! :D

I'm officially two decades old at 10:10 this morning and am looking forward to having an awesome day!

It's crazy to think that I'll be twenty. I swear that just yesterday I moved to Torrington, survived middle school, and graduated high school. Seriously... Time just needs to stop and smell the roses... Or I need a TARDIS...

So in celebration of my birthday, I'm going to give you twenty challenges! You may or may not choose to do them, but I sure do hope you will. :)


  1. Smile and say hello to a stranger. You may never know who needs a friendly reminder that life is awesome.
  2. Step on a crunchy leaf. It's contagious and makes smiles happen everywhere in my body and therefore you need happy body smiles.
  3. Take a chance. Tell that special someone "Hey! I think you have something awesome going on, and I have something awesome going on. We should take our awesome and make it amazing. ;)"
  4. Do a daring thing! (Not illegal daring... Fun lighthearted, peace, love, joyous daring.)
  5. Sing a song. Doesn't matter where, when, how, or why... Just do it and feel good inside. :)
  6. Make a blanket for and watch your favorite movie. Invite over some friends even and make it a night of silly fun! Everyone needs some of that every now and then.
  7. Go for a walk. It's autumn! The colors are beautiful, the air is crisp but not yet cold... Take a look around and be grateful for what you have in this country of ours.
  8. Thank a military person for their service. They work hard and fight for you, they deserve it.
  9. Indulge yourself. Whether it be ice cream, a steamy bubble bath, face masks with your best friend... Do something that makes you feel good.
  10. Reconnect with an old friend. They were your friend at one point, I'm sure they would appreciate a hello.
  11. Volunteer. Help someone out! Not only do they appreciate it, but you feel great afterwards too.
  12. Try something new. Expand your horizons a little.
  13. Kiss someone/something. They need it. You do too ;)
  14. Make a wish. "Starlight, star bright, first star I see tonight. I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight." 
  15. Put your feet up on the wall while laying on your back and meditate until your feet are numb. 
  16. Say "I love you". And mean it.
  17. Poke someone. Facebook doesn't count :P
  18. Be whimsical! You're only young until you die, make every moment count.
  19. Color something bright and happy. Like yellow. Color with yellow.
  20. Pass it forward. Whether it be this list, a good deal, anything that is fantastic. Share it with someone.
I'm headed back to my room, hopefully to get some sleep before school. 

Remember.

You're awesome. 

You deserve awesome back at you. 

If you sneezed while reading this, then bless you.

:)

1 comment:

  1. I told someone I love you, and meant it. There is no one to kiss except for Mr. Darcy and I get in trouble when I eat the ice cream. So I will have to settle on stepping on a crunchy leaf, saying hi to a stranger and poking someone. Most of all....Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete