Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm the kind of girl that tries to get off the see-saw as it's going up and having to hold on for dear life until its down again. I'm the kind of girl who day dreams and thinks of alternate realities that seem so close but are actuality just barely beyond our reach. I'm one who doesn't dream of making a difference, I'm already in the midst of making one.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

New Beginnings

So this week I've been pondering a lot about life. Where it's going, what I can do to improve, how can I get healthier....

This week I started some new things (and I will talk about old things I started not too long ago)

1. I started a "no 'poo" regime for my hair.

BASICALLY what this means is I don't shampoo or condition my hair anymore. Why you ask? Because the chemicals in shampoo strip your hair of natural oils and leave your hair a sad little mass of sadness. The whole reason behind conditioning is to replace all of the oild that was lost when you shampooed.

In it's placement, I started using baking soda and vinegar to clean my hair. It's natural, it doesn't leave build up, it allows your hair to self condition, and it helps your hair grow and become stronger.

Today was day two of trying it out. My hair is surprisingly soft and manageable. I shall continue in this endeavor. Here's the recipie I'm using.

2. I'm starting a cinnamon and honey tea regime tonight.

It's supposed to help exponentially with your health. See, honey has a TON of natural enzymes and are absolutely fantastic for your body and cinnamon is a natural diuretic. I'm personally doing this to try to detox my system from 2-3 weeks of traveling food (a.k.a. McDonalds). This is technically classified as the weight loss but you lose weight due to the detox. This is some of the health benefits of these yummy things.  And this is the weight loss tea recipe.

3. Starting in Jan. I have been working out more often and have gotten into crossfit, though I haven't gone recently it's FANTASTIC! I feel like such a beast after a work out. :) It's considered "The sport of working out" and let me tell you... It kicks butt... It leaves you feeling like you got hit by a train... But it's just so awesome! I'm lifting more, I'm stronger, I have more endurance, I feel better about myself and life after working out.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST

4. I'm putting in my papers to serve a mission!
As some of you know I am LDS (Mormon) and I'm about ready to put in my papers. I'm so excited! I'm so ready for a new adventure :).

College is great but it's lacking in what I desperately need right now and that's finding myself in Christ. I'm usually not one to talk religious but I but I better be getting used to it.

Happy living!
You're beautiful.
You're wonderful.
You're amazing.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the recipes. Thank you for the list of ideas, but most of all, thank you for a glimpse of my beautiful granddaughter. You will be an amazing missionary. Love you.

    ReplyDelete