Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm the kind of girl that tries to get off the see-saw as it's going up and having to hold on for dear life until its down again. I'm the kind of girl who day dreams and thinks of alternate realities that seem so close but are actuality just barely beyond our reach. I'm one who doesn't dream of making a difference, I'm already in the midst of making one.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Poetry Class

So this semester I'm in a poetry class. It's awesome! So I'll post somethings that I create :)

Sunset on Heart Mountain (will come up with a more clever title)


The hills are aflame
With the extinguishing
light of day.

Clouds flee from
the atmospheric  heat
in a desperate attempt
to stay violet
and beautiful for ever.

Dusty rose and golden
Linings accent the
Darkening sky as the
King  rests his head for the night.

Cerulean, magenta, and tangerine
Fill my senses as I gaze
Outside of the dirty barrier
Between me and my
Natural mother.

Now navy clouds diminish
The heavenly fire to
Red, smoldering embers,
Providing scarce enough light
To illuminate pages of today’s history.

Closing the book on
Another day, the
Shadow stretches across
The land,
Its greedy fingers
Suffocating anything
That breathes light.

Like a razor blade,
The full moon beckons
The darkness be gone
To let the children
Come out and play
In its satin-ous beams.

With borrowed light
From that precious star,
The path is illuminated once again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment