Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm the kind of girl that tries to get off the see-saw as it's going up and having to hold on for dear life until its down again. I'm the kind of girl who day dreams and thinks of alternate realities that seem so close but are actuality just barely beyond our reach. I'm one who doesn't dream of making a difference, I'm already in the midst of making one.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Agh!!! My Caramel got in my bangs!

Yesterday was the Apple Harvest festival downtown of where I'm currently and let me tell you something. It was freaking awesome! Most people don't get all excited about that kind of stuff but I LOVE carnivals and festivals. I got a delicious caramel apple (which proceeded to go everywhere other than where I wanted it to go) and a peacock feather in my hair! There were tons of booths set up and it was awesome to see a bunch of the crafts that people were selling.

Here are some of the highlighted crafts.
  • Football candles in wine glasses (so you can have a romantic night before the superbowl then party hardy the next day)
  • Watches. Some people made watches and they were so cool!
  • Melted wine bottles. They made them into bowls and platters with cute little cheese knives and everything!
  • Pop can airplanes. Some guy made AIRPLANES out of SODA CANS! There were pinwheels and such but all I could think of was how aerodynamic the planes were. My step mom made the comment "I hope everyone is up one their tetnas shot." Yes I am. I want to play with one. Regardless of the shiny sharp edges. 
  • Of course the food was everywhere!!! What festival is complete without funnel cakes, cotton candy and fresh lemonade? A bad festival. This one had at least three vendors of each! Plus caramel apples, fried apple pie, hush puppies... It smelled fabulous! These southern people really know the way to my cholesterol infested heart. I had a chocolate banana popsicle for the first time too. Yummmm!
All this place needed was a ferris wheel and a fun house and it would've been a party on Main. (It got pretty dang close, but all good parties have a fun house.)

1 comment:

  1. Next year you should come to the Del Mar Fair here in Cali. It is amazing! I kid you not! It's the best fair I have ever been too.

    ReplyDelete