Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm the kind of girl that tries to get off the see-saw as it's going up and having to hold on for dear life until its down again. I'm the kind of girl who day dreams and thinks of alternate realities that seem so close but are actuality just barely beyond our reach. I'm one who doesn't dream of making a difference, I'm already in the midst of making one.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Baby, baby, baby, Oh! Look! Finger puppets!


So my dad and I put together my dresser today. After a few mistakes and heart attacks it was finished, miraculously unscathed by my clumsiness.  It looks incredible too! I can't wait to fill it with my underwear and freaking awesome socks!

So today I was at church and I was minding my own business when I started to get really bored. Normally I can pay attention better but sitting in the same chair for two hours listening to people talk just isn't cooperative to my attention span. Luckily I had many distractions such as my sister and dad playing hangman on her iTouch, a blank program that begged to be doodled upon and toddlers sitting in the row in front of us.

After awhile, I started to run out of room on my program, hangman became tedious and I was getting bored again and I was wishing I was back on my bed asleep. Then one of the toddlers in front of us threw a finger puppet at me. I had been admiring it from afar and even expressed my strong desire to play with the turtle and the frog to my step mom. This seemed like a good opportunity to make my dreams come true so I picked up the battered puppet and stuck it on my finger. The baby squealed in delight and started to throw all of them at me and so I took advantage of the situation and played until they were all slimey with baby spit. I draw the line at saliva no matter how cute and felty the little creatures are. Baby toys are incredible.

I also have a job interview lined up for tomorrow at Michael's craft store. I'm super excited for this because it's one step closer to an actual job and saving for a car then being a working poor white girl as opposed to a poor white girl.  i would much rather have something to do all day and be poor than do nothing and be poor. One way I'm actually productive and will feel all cool and what not.

Also I have two days until my birthday. I feel awesome.

1 comment:

  1. ...or you could start getting your writing published. You will make oodles of money that way, since you are so creative and funny. I say go with that plan, too!

    ReplyDelete