Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm the kind of girl that tries to get off the see-saw as it's going up and having to hold on for dear life until its down again. I'm the kind of girl who day dreams and thinks of alternate realities that seem so close but are actuality just barely beyond our reach. I'm one who doesn't dream of making a difference, I'm already in the midst of making one.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a... Mattress???

I have an incredible story for you all today.

My family and I went to IKEA today to buy some bedroom furniture for my sister and I. This store is absolutely incredible. It's pretty much a furniture mall complete with two stories, a food court and shopping carts. I'm sure we spent 2 hours just walking let alone actually trying to find something to buy. I recommend it for daily exercise.

My sister got a really nice desk and bookshelf set and I got a dresser and a new mattress! It is awesome. As we went to leave my dad discovered that the mattresses didn't quite fit into Suburban like we had planned. IKEA provides a plastic twine for situations like this so we got some and tethered the bed to the top of the car.

We live about a half an hour away so we were driving along the interstate when we start worrying about the bed. The wind was catching it a little and making the top one shift a little and float kind of. My step mom kept watching them to make sure they were ok. This is when my dad decided to make a joke along the line of "your mom" or "that's what she said." My step mom looked away and we all heard a THUDUNK. in the rear view mirror I see my new mattress set taking flight across the interstate like it was freaking Batman.

Dad stopped the car and backed as far as he could to them and hopped out of the car. the next thing I know he is running through traffic and carrying the box spring along with him. He waits awhile and then darts again in a space of cars, only this time he stops in the middle of the road and does a few jumping jacks and keeps running. He saved my mattress and managed not to get killed. I have an epic dad.

We continued our journey home with no seats available to my sister and I (Dad and step mom managed to get my bed into the back of the car) so I sat up front with my dad and step mom (thank goodness I'm a little person) and my sister got to chill in the back with the IKEA items.

Moral of this story:
  • IKEA box springs will survive a 15 foot drop
  • IKEA twine sucks
  • Jumping jacks in the middle of an interstate will help you save mattresses
  • Saturday's with the Justus's are awesome.
PS no one got in a crash or anything due to the mattress mishap. I'm sure this story will show up somewhere else... How many times do you get to see mattresses act like Batman?

No comments:

Post a Comment